2011 ACHNE Annual Institute
PREPARING PUBLIC HEALTH NURSES FOR 2020
June 9-11, 2011 in Chicago, Illinois
The Avenue Crowne Plaza Chicago Downtown
Welcome to the 2011 ACHNE Annual Institute. This year we have an exciting program, offering you a wealth of opportunities for professional renewal and personal enjoyment. Join us for a record number of presentations, inspiring speakers, informative workshops and opportunities for networking and dialogue. Take time to connect with old friends and make new ones during the social activities. And finally, enjoy the sights and sounds of Chicago!
To provide community/public health nurse educators innovative, effective, evidenced-based strategies to meet twenty-first century public health priorities.
Public health nurses, managers, public health and community health nurse educators, students, and partners interested in public health nursing issues.
Upon completion of this conference the participant will be able to:
- Describe strategies to enhance teaching-learning in clinical, classroom and online environments.
- Describe innovative teaching strategies to prepare students for culturally competent practice in local and global environments.
- Discuss curricular initiatives designed to better prepare students for practice at undergraduate and graduate competency levels.
- Examine the impact of health care reform on C/PHN education, research and practice.
- Utilize nursing research for evidence-based C/PHN education and practice.
Contact hours have been applied for from North Carolina Nurse’s Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission of Accreditation.