Welcome to the AAPB Abstract Submission Site.
Play an important role in the biofeedback field by submitting an abstract for the 2013 AAPB Annual Meeting, March 13-16 in Portland, Oregon. The 44th anniversary of AAPB’s annual meeting will showcase the most effective ways to combine methods (physical therapy, psychotherapy, and optimal performance training) with modalities (biofeedback and neurofeedback) to improve outcomes. There will be something for everyone in this curriculum, including cutting-edge science that forms the basis of what we do clinically, now and in the future. Educate your peers and contribute to the field of biofeedback and neurofeedback by submitting a poster abstract for consideration.
All proposals for poster abstracts must be submitted online no later than 11:59 p.m. ET, Monday, November 19, 2012. For questions, please email email@example.com.
- Submissions should fit within the 2013 theme, Creating Synergy: Integrating Methods and Modalities.
- Content should maintain, develop, and increase conceptual and applied competencies that are relevant to biofeedback/neurofeedback practice, education, and science.
- Content should be based on current theory, method or practice and may provide information related to ethical, legal, statutory or regulatory policies, guidelines, and standards that impact biofeedback.
Submit your abstracts by November 19, 2012. Each submitted abstract will be blind reviewed by biofeedback professionals. The AAPB Program Planning Committee will accept or reject abstracts based on the reviews. Notifications will be emailed the week of December 19, 2012 on the status of your submission.
- Submissions that do not follow submission guidelines will be disqualified.
- Submission of an abstract does not constitute registration for the 2013 AAPB Annual Meeting.
- AAPB will NOT correct spelling and typing errors, so editing your information in advance and then copying and pasting will ensure greater accuracy. View the proposal form to gather your thoughts before submitting your information online.
- Make sure you are able to be present your poster at the conference on Friday, March 15, 2013.
- Authors of accepted abstracts are responsible for all travel expenses, housing, and other related costs to attend the meeting.
- Abstract and conference sessions/workshops cannot be sales pitches. If you are a supplier of technology services, please coordinate your submission with a biofeedback practitioner. It is important to have both perspectives. Potential conflict of interest, commercial support, or commercial interest will be relayed to conference attendees.
Abstracts will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Importance (relevance) to the field
- Originality/creativity of the work
- Clear statement of topic/theory
- Appropriate experimental design and use of statistics
- Validity of conclusions
Please feel free to call AAPB with any questions, (800) 477-8892.
- Meet ALL posted dates and deadlines, which include returning the speaker acceptance form, registering for the conference, and submitting handout materials on time.
- Be present at the conference on Friday, March 15 to present your poster.
- Prepare your poster presentation in accordance to the AAPB poster guidelines.
As we aim to offer exceptional opportunities with knowledgeable and skilled presenters, please note that we reserve the right to make adjustments to any submission that does not meet these items above.
Start Poster Abstract Submission
Wanting to present a workshop, breakout session or oral? Click here to be directed to the submission site.
Back To Top