2012 AAPB Webinar 4: Using Biofeedback Within Relationship Therapy
Registration is closed.
Using Biofeedback Within Relationship Therapy: Self-Soothing Tools
November 15, 2012 at 1:00pm - 2:30pm Eastern time
Ray Varlinsky, MA, MFT, BCB, BCN
Non-Member Price: $99
AAPB Members: $69 - $30 in savings
Not a member? Click "Register Now" to Join and Register Today!
received in writing prior to a week before the webinar will be issued a refund less a $30 processing fee. No refunds for cancellations within the week of the webinar.
This session provides both a scientific and clinical model for using heart rate, heart rate variability and an oximeter to assist therapist in teaching physiologically and emotionally distressed couples to self soothe. It is based on the research of Dr. John Gottman and the HeartMath Institute. The Webinar emphasizes the importance of detecting over arousal by both the therapist and the client with biofeedback instruments and learning skills to reduce this arousal.
The Webinar includes an overview of Dr. Gottman's findings related to psychophysiological arousal and flooding and their negative impact on relationships. A rational for the use of specific biofeedback tools will be presented and a model for their effective implementation into a relationship practice.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Participants will be able to talk to their couples about psychophysiological arousal and flooding.
- Participants will be able to assist their couples in learning to detect when they are flooded.
- Participants will have working knowledge about HRV, heart rate and the oximeter.
- Participants will be able to implement specific biofeedback tools into relationship practice.
None. Advance preparation is not required.
Who Should Attend?:
All health care professionals who work with distressed relationships.
Interactive webinar using telephone and Internet technology.
- Ray Varlinsky, MA, MFT, BCB, BCN is a licensed California Marriage and Family Therapist with over 16 years experience working with couples and individuals in his private practice. Ray is a certified Gottman Method Therapist and Gottman Couples ASL Workshop Leader and a frequent presenter at the Annual Gottman Conferences. He is BCIA biofeedback and neurofeedback certified with 30 years of experience using biofeedback in medical institutions. Ray has taught for 26 years in the psychology department at Butte College. He has been using HeartMath's technologies and HRV instruments in his private practice, workshops and conferences for the last 12 years. He has facilitated the emWave technologies into the Gottman Institute and successfully introduced the emWave into the Boystown and Girlstown orphanages in South Korea. Ray has developed the emWave Approach to Better Relationships and continues his work with couples in his private practice and teaching and presenting at workshops and conferences.
November 15, 2012through November 15, 2012
1.5 CE Credits, per Seminar.
| Main Registration
||You may have multiple people participate in the webinar, but if someone needs a continuing education certificate they must register as an additional person for the event.
||If you need a continuing education certificate for your records, you will need to register as an additional person.
Back To Top