- Corporate Members
- State & Regional Chapters
- Board Members
- Sections & Divisions
- Ethical Principles
ISMA - USA
Sections & Divisions
State & Regional Chapters
News & Events
- News & Media Coverage
- Current Research
- AAPB Events
- List an Event
- Accredited Universities
- Non-AAPB Courses
- Why Training?
Provider Continuing Education
- Annual Conference
- AAPB Homestudy Courses
- Online Courses
- Workshops & Conferences
- List a Course
BCIA Biofeedback Certification
- AAPB Journal
- AAPB E-Newsletters
- Biofeedback Magazine
- Behavioral Medicine
Professional Liability Insurance
- All Ads
- Courses, Seminars and Workshops
- Equipment for Sale
- Equipment Wanted
- Job Bank
- Patients Wanted
- Practices for Sale
- Vendors (Products and/or Services)
- Submit a Classified Ad
- Allied Societies
- Resources & Information
Please select the type of membership below:
Limited Time Offer: New Members receive a FREE Provider Directory listing when they join AAPB for the first time. Renewing AAPB Members receive a FREE Provider Directory listing if they renew their AAPB membership before their membership expiration date.
The Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback is the source for networking, quality research, legislative efforts, insurance information, and continuing education in the field of mind/body medicine, rehabilitation, education, and peak performance training applications of psychophysiology and biofeedback. Come and join us today. As you can see below the benefits are abundant and very practical including:
AAPB Membership Categories:
- Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback, the dynamic quarterly journal that publishes quality peer reviewed papers in the field. This publication is also accessible on-line and its articles provide extensive research outcomes that support the efficacy of biofeedback.
- Biofeedback , the newsmagazine published four times a year containing regular and invited columnists, announcements, and practical articles on treatment, clinical applications and instrumentation.
- Advocacy for biofeedback and applied psychophysiology with third-party carriers, regulators, and the medical community.
- Unique opportunities for networking with your friends and colleagues. Only through AAPB will you be able to interact with professionals who share your particular goals and concerns.
- An annual meeting that provides cutting edge information with leading speakers, presentations and workshops. With unparalleled opportunities to network, learn, and continue your professional development, it is the most important biofeedback and psychophysiology meeting of the year.
- A trade show held in conjunction with the annual conference that offers the largest presentation of the latest instrumentation in this field.
- Discounted registration for the annual conference, AAPB’s year-long teleseminar series, and other continuing education programs.
- Advanced training workshops offered each fall.
- Publication of the only regularly updated compilation of research findings that demonstrate the efficacy of biofeedback, Evidence-Based Practice in Biofeedback and Neurofeedback. A wide-range of other publications and resources are available at substantial discounts through AAPB’s online bookstore.
- Members of AAPB’s Neurofeedback Division also receive NeuroConnections, the informative newsmagazine published cooperatively with the International Society for Neurofeedback and Research (ISNR).
- Continuing Education opportunities for reading quarterly journal articles.
- The AAPB Provider Directory, an online, consumer-access directory that you can participate in and allow prospective clients to locate you through this cost-effective service.
- A Member’s Only section of the AAPB web site provides immediate access to the latest announcements and information and special features for communicating with your colleagues.
- Professional liability insurance and life insurance programs.
- Practitioners’ public web access to continuing education offerings from a variety of sources
- Soon to be published online Clinician’s Tool Kit that will provide information on insurance coverage, coding, and a variety of valuable tools directed at helping you run your practice.
- Federation Membership–Federation of Associations in Behavioral & Brain Sciences (FAABS), a dues-supported coalition of member organizations, university departments of psychology, schools of education, research centers, regional psychological associations, and science divisions of the American Psychological Association (APA). Through AAPB’s Federation membership, you receive a 25% discount off of your APA dues.
All categories include subscriptions to the Applied Psychophysiology & Biofeedback Journal and the Biofeedback newsmagazine, both printed and electronic versions.
- Regular Member: Persons engaged in the scientific and professional advancement of applied psychophysiology and biofeedback or related fields. Full members are required to hold an advanced degree, or the equivalent entry level degree, from an accredited school for the specific discipline in which the individual practices, does research or teaches.
- Associate Member: Persons who are interested in applied psychophysiology and biofeedback or related fields and who do not meet the necessary requirements for full members.
- Supporting Member: This is a special membership category open to individuals with all rights and privileges of the Regular Member along with acknowledgement on the AAPB web site and in AAPB publications.
- Partially Retired Member: Partially retired, over 65 and still employed.
- Fully Retired Member: Fully retired, over 65 and not employed.
- Hardship Member: Hardship is defined as having an available income of less than $12,000 in the previous year and an expected income of less than $12,000 in the year for which dues are being billed. An individual may elect the Hardship Dues option no more than twice.
- New Graduate: Open to individuals who were Student Members of AAPB after they graduate and enter the work force. New graduates are eligible for this category of membership for a maximum of two years. You MUST have been a Student Member in the previous year to qualify for New Graduate status.
- Student Member: Full-time students enrolled in an accredited training institution as documented by a copy of the student ID.
- Corresponding Member: Open to new international members (from countries other than the United States or Canada). Entitles members to electronic versions only of the Journal and News Magazine. Non-voting member. Member rates to attend Annual Meeting and Workshops.
- Corporate Member: Open to suppliers and corporations supporting AAPB. Receive 10% discount on advertising, extra points for exhibit booth placement at the Annual Meeting, corporate acknowledgment on the AAPB web site with free web link and listing in AAPB publications.
- Corporate Clinical Member : Open to clinics that provide applied psychophysiology, biofeedback/neurofeedback and related services. Includes one full membership with right to vote and hold office. Up to five listings in the provider directory with discounted rates for all members of corporation to the AAPB Annual Meeting or educational events.
We look forward to your participation in all the opportunities of AAPB.