2012 ACHNE Annual Institute
Public Health Nursing: Promoting Healthy Physical, Social, and Global Environments
June 7-9, 2012 in Portland, Oregon
Doubletree Hotel Portland
Welcome to the 2012 ACHNE Annual Institute. This year we are working on an exciting program, offering you a wealth of opportunities for professional development and personal enjoyment. Join us in Portland for inspiring speakers, informative workshops and opportunities for networking and dialogue. Take time to connect with old friends and make new ones during the social activities. And finally, enjoy the sights and sounds of Portland in June!
To provide community/public health nurse educators innovative, effective, evidenced-based strategies to meet twenty-first century public health priorities.
Public health nurses, managers, public health and community health nurse educators, students, and partners interested in public health nursing issues.
Upon completion of this conference the participant will be able to:
- Describe teaching and learning strategies that promote physical, social and global health in clinical, classroom, and online courses.
- Describe innovative teaching strategies to prepare students for culturally congruent practice in local and global environments.
- Discuss undergraduate and graduate curricula innovations designed to prepare students to promote healthy practice environments.
- Examine the relationship between environmental health and C/PHN education, practice, and research.
- Examine nursing research on healthy environments for evidenced-based C/PHN education and practice.
Contact hours have been applied for from North Carolina Nurse’s Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission of Accreditation.